[button link="#" target="_blank" color="button" shape="rounded" size="small" align="left"]Affiliate Links[/button]
Something I do at the end of every year is take a look back at all of the beauty products I’ve loved for the last 12 months. This year, I have a good range of favorites, from lip care to dry shampoo. Keep reading to discover my 14 favorites of 2014!
I broke my list down into 5 categories, covering different products from across the board. I probably could’ve added a lot more because let’s face it, there are a lot of products one person uses in a full year! These are just the ones that really stood out to me this year.
1. Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil – This stuff smells super good and it really makes a difference when I apply it to my cuticles on a regular basis. Otherwise, the skin around my nails gets dry and starts to peel. $8.50, Ulta.
2. Essie PlayDate – I love this lavender polish. I’ve worn it a lot this year. I feel like I can wear it anytime and it just makes me happy. $8.50, Ulta.
3. Dove Dry Shampoo – I’ve been testing dry shampoos like crazy this year, trying to find the best one. This one is the best I’ve used so far. It’s smells fresh, keeps my hair looking clean, and is inexpensive. $4.99, Walgreens
4. TRESemme Foaming Mousse – I’ve been using this mousse for years. It’s keeps my hair flexible and soft while holding the style in place and taming frizz. $4.99, Walgreens
5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer – I didn’t start using this concealer until the second half of the year, but I had been hearing great things about it for a lot longer. I use it to brighten my under-eyes and highlight other parts of the face. $6.99, Target
6. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – These lip creams are just awesome. They apply great color, have a matte finish, and are long lasting. For the low, low price, they are fantastic! LOVE! $5.99, Target
7. Too Faced Shadow Insurance – Eye primer is key to any good eye look that involves shadow. It doesn’t allow your eye shadows to crease or shift so your look can last all day. $20, Ulta
8. LORAC Pro Palette – One of my favorite eye palettes ever! You really can’t go wrong with this palette and you can create any neutral look possible. The shadows apply like butter and blend easily. I’ve used this palette like crazy this year. $42, Ulta
9. Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette – This is also a great palette that I’ve been reaching for a lot. While there are a lot less shadows in this one, the quality of the shadows are top notch and you can create some gorgeous neutral looks with it. $36, Sephora
10. Mario Badescu Drying Cream – This is THE best spot treatment for blemishes. You can read my review of it here, but in a nutshell, it works really well! It makes a big difference overnight and I’ll be repurchasing over and over. Also, it has lasted me a long time. $17, Ulta
11. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant – Now this is the best exfoliant ever! It is on the pricey side, but it’s amazing (review here). It’s gentle enough to use daily and keeps my skin soft and smooth. $52, Ulta
12. LUSH Lip Scrub – My lips get pretty dry and chapped so it’s nice to be able to exfoliate them. This lip scrub tastes good and keeps my lips from becoming a dry mess. $9.95, LUSH
13. beautyblender – This is a must-have. It changes your life! I love that it gives my foundation a flawless dewy finish. The application process is just perfection. $19.95, Sephora
14. Clarisonic Mia – This has been a favorite ever since I got it a few years ago. It gives my skin a deep cleaning and keeps everything under control. My best skin is revealed when I use this every night before bed. One of the best investments ever. $99. Ulta
Shop the post
Want to see my favorites from previous years? 2012 | 2013
Let’s tweet! @missaf23
*This post contains some affiliate links
Latest posts by Ashley (see all)
- 6 Personal Care Items I Keep in My Bag to Survive a Winter Work Day - December 15, 2017
- DIY Lemon Raspberry Body Scrub - August 7, 2017
- Income Report: June 2017 + Tips on Monetizing - July 27, 2017