Burn a lot of candles? Don’t throw the jars away – repurpose them! Candle jars make great little containers for storing and displaying things – there’s a whole printable list of ideas at the end of this post! First, you’ll need to know how to empty the jars though. Keep reading for easy instructions on how to clean out candle jars.
What you’ll need:
- A candle in a jar that can no longer be burned.
- Space in the freezer to put your candle
- Butter knife
- Soap and water
- Windex (optional)
How to Clean Out Candle Jars
- Place the candle jar in the freezer. I left mine overnight but a couple hours should do the trick. This will loosen the sides of the wax from the jar.
- Break up the wax with a butter knife. It should break apart easily and come right out of the jar with little effort.
- Peel off all labels from the jar. The labels came off easily for me and didn’t leave anything behind. If you happen to have leftover adhesive or label pieces, try some Goo Gone on the area. Goo Gone works wonders for removing labels, but it can do a lot more than that too. It’s something you should just always have around. It even comes in super convenient wipes now!
- Wash the jar and lid with soap and water.
- If it’s still not looking completely clear after that, use some Windex to polish it up.
- Now you have a clean empty candle jar, ready to be used for whatever you can think of!
Get 2 free printables that go with this post and more in our FREE resource library!
Get these 2 printables in the library:
- Instructions on how to clean out candle jars
- A list of 30 things you can store in empty candle jars
You’ll find other awesome freebies in our library too! Click the image below to gain access to the library!
Read this next
Want some beauty ideas for your empty jars?
Here are 7 Beauty Uses for an Empty Candle Jar
Join the discussion
Have you ever cleaned out candle jars to repurpose them?
What do you use your empty candle jars for?
Comment below to discuss with us!
Latest posts by Ashley (see all)
- 6 Personal Care Items I Keep in My Bag to Survive a Winter Work Day - December 15, 2017
- DIY Lemon Raspberry Body Scrub - August 7, 2017
- Income Report: June 2017 + Tips on Monetizing - July 27, 2017