It’s my 2nd month sharing my blogging income with you and as I said in last month’s report, I’m essentially starting over after neglecting my blog for a few months. This report comes a little late as it’s already the end of July, but even so, I want to show every single month’s income no matter what. So far, the rebuilding process is going well and I’ve seen an increase in earnings! Here’s a breakdown of what I earned in June followed by some tips on monetizing.
Income Report: June Earnings
$150 – Sponsorships
$41.95 – Amazon Affiliate
$1.20 – Etsy
Total June Earnings: $193.15
That’s an increase of $158.59 since last month!
Now, I said before that I’m starting over when it comes to earning money with my blog, which isn’t entirely true. The thing I have going for me is that I have an established blog that has made money and worked with brands for a number of years. That gives me a major boost up from someone who is just starting to make money with their blog. Therefore, my earnings might increase quickly as the months go by, but it still depends on how much work I put into it. I can already tell you, July’s earnings will be more than twice as much as June’s. Crazy, right?! I want to continue that trend!
I finally feel like I have a good grasp on earning money through blogging and effective strategies on how to do it. It’s like one day it just clicks and you wonder how it took so long to get it. Below, I have some tips for bloggers who want to start monetizing their own blogs.
6 Tips for Monetizing a Blog
- Don’t pressure yourself! Earning money can be hard at first. Don’t wear yourself thin trying to make it all happen at once. It takes patience and persistence. I know, easier said than done. But you will thank yourself if you take your time learning and understanding how to get it right. Which leads me to my next tip….
- Focus on one method at a time (at first). Rather than implementing multiple methods of earning income at once, learn as much as you can about one before moving onto the next. You want to fully understand each method so you can reach maximum earning potential. You don’t want to just start slapping stuff onto your site to earn a quick buck. No, no, no. And how do you learn? Pinterest is your best friend. Take a look at my How to Earn Money Through Blogging Pinterest board to get you started.
- Take a course. It’s not always easy to figure things out without being shown. I learned a lot about affiliate marketing (earning money through affiliate links) by taking the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course. This course was PACKED with useful information about how affiliate marketing works, the best ways to use affiliate links, increasing traffic to your links, and more. Once I started using my newly gained knowledge from the course, my affiliate income started to increase majorly! I highly recommend checking it out!
- Build evergreen content. What is evergreen content? It’s articles and stories that are always relevant. Content that people can search over and over again at any time of year. Evergreen content will drive a lot of traffic and you can make passive income from it by monetizing evergreen posts with ads and affiliate links. An example – my post on How to Clean Out Candle Jars to Repurpose Them. It’s been pinned 150,000+ times, it brings in the most new email subscribers, and it leads to affiliate & ad earnings every month.
- Don’t neglect social media. Social media is very powerful for bloggers. It can be used to spread the word about your blog, to communicate with new potential readers, promote affiliate links, etc. Your social media accounts can help you score sponsorships and brand deals too, so it’s important to be active on your accounts.
- Your email list is king. Definitely do not neglect building your email list either. It’s even more powerful than social media because it’s full of people who have signed up to hear from you, and those are the first people to buy whatever you’re selling. They’ve given you their email address because they trust you. Just don’t take advantage of that trust in order to make money! Your priority should be helping people by offering your experience and expertise in an authentic way. The money should follow naturally.
Have you made money with your blog? What’s one tip you can share with people who are trying to earn money with their site? Add to my list in the comments below!
Latest posts by Ashley (see all)
- 6 Personal Care Items I Keep in My Bag to Survive a Winter Work Day - December 15, 2017
- DIY Lemon Raspberry Body Scrub - August 7, 2017
- Income Report: June 2017 + Tips on Monetizing - July 27, 2017