It’s not a secret that you can earn money blogging. And quite a lot of it! I see other bloggers posting their monthly income report and I’m addicted to them! It’s so interesting to see where others are earning their cash in the online space. It’s also incredibly inspiring. So, I’ve decided to start sharing Peek & Ponder’s monthly income report with you, no matter how small or big!
I’ve been blogging for a long time and earning money from it for a number of years. I’ve made anywhere between $200 and $1300 in a single month. Those earnings have come from sponsorships, affiliates, and ad networks. No sugarcoating – it takes a ton of work, day in and day out, to reach a level where you’re actually earning money from a blog. It doesn’t come easily or happen in a day. Then, to keep earning money, you have to be dedicated. This is where I’ve stumbled a little….
Earlier this year, I started a new job and entered a new relationship. You can probably guess what that means ….. my time filled up very quickly! I wasn’t devoting much of it to blogging anymore because I had new and exciting things in my life. Suddenly, blogging wasn’t quite a priority, where it used to be my main focus.
Recently, I realized that it’s time to come back to blogging full force, but with a lot of revamping and refocusing. So what does that mean? More topics than just beauty and you’re going to see someone new joining my blogging team very soon (expect a formal introduction next week!).
So, here’s to a new start! And with that, it’s like I’m starting from the ground up again. Since I neglected my blog for some time, my traffic and earnings took a major dive. It’s almost like I’m going back to the beginning and you’re going to see it every step of the way as I build it back up!
Income Report: May Earnings
$32.56 – Amazon Associates
$2.00 – Etsy
Total May Earnings: $34.56
Yep, you read that right, just over $30. See? I really am starting from the beginning again. But, there’s nothing wrong with that. The great part is, I know I can get it back up where I was and even higher if I really commit. I’m ready for the challenge!
The Plan to Rebuild & Refocus
There are some things I know I’ll need to do to get my earnings back up….
- Post more often. It’s so simple, but also so necessary. Putting out content on a regular basis again will equal more traffic, more sponsorships, and more opportunities to earn though affiliate income.
- More topics. Sticking to one topic can be hard when you have so many interests. I’m looking forward to expanding and I believe it will bring more sponsorship possibilities.
- Work on affiliate marketing. I am in a handful of affiliate programs and many of them have money sitting there to be paid to me, but they haven’t reached their cashout threshold yet. I plan to put more focus on affiliate marketing and I’m using the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course to help me. So far, I’ve learned a lot from it and have already started implementing ideas from it! Example: those Amazon earnings used to be pennies every month if it wasn’t holiday season. That’s already some progress!
- Create product and add more to my shop. I have an Etsy shop of printables. I have made some sales over there, but I don’t have much inventory. So, I plan to build it up too and offer much more.
- Create more freebies! I have a free resource library that people can get access to if they sign up for my newsletter (sent weekly by email). Since email marketing is extremely important in the way of earning money, I want to spend some time creating more freebies to add to my library and promote the freebie library as much as possible.
As you can see, I have a lot of work ahead of me. It’s also more difficult now because I have more going on in my life than I did when I was making much more money with my blog. Time management is going to be a big thing to go along with this plan. I’ve at least done the hard part: admitting where I went wrong and taking steps to fix it.
Join the discussion
Are you a blogger who makes money with your blog? What was your biggest hurdle on the way to making a decent income from blogging?
Comment below to discuss with us!
Latest posts by Ashley (see all)
- 6 Personal Care Items I Keep in My Bag to Survive a Winter Work Day - December 15, 2017
- DIY Lemon Raspberry Body Scrub - August 7, 2017
- Income Report: June 2017 + Tips on Monetizing - July 27, 2017