This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/P&G
I lead a busy lifestyle. Although I’m at home a lot, my time is usually devoted to working. I keep busy with all things related to blogging: photography, writing, making videos, social media upkeep, brainstorming, etc. I barely put down my work long enough to eat. When I’m not working, I try to go out and enjoy life a little, whether I’m just shopping or taking a walk by the lake. Little time is left for laundry!
Confession: I usually let my laundry pile up in the hamper until it’s overflowing and then, wouldn’t you know, I have nothing to wear! So I’m forced to have a full laundry day. Even though I tend to procrastinate with laundry, I take time making sure my clothes come out looking new and smelling great. I might love shopping, but I don’t need to be spending my money on new clothes all the time! Plus, I like to buy good quality pieces and I want them to last a long time.
The laundry routine that keeps my clothes looking their best
- Sort my clothes. It doesn’t take too long to do (even with an overflowing hamper!) and it makes a huge difference when it comes to clothes keeping their color. I’ve made the mistake of washing new jeans with light-colored clothes. Not my best moment. Most of the time, I just separate whites from colors and I now do a whole load just for jeans.
- Treat stains. When you’re a beauty blogger playing with makeup and swatching products all the time, it’s not uncommon to get smudges on your clothes and they don’t come out that easily! It’s important for me to treat them so that they don’t stick around. Stains left on clothes make them look old quick.
- Protect clothing with Downy. This is my secret weapon and the most important part of my routine. I use Downy Fabric Conditioner along with my regular detergent. Downy Fabric Conditioner helps prevent stretching, fading, and pilling, enabling clothes to last longer. Clothes will keep their shape, colors will stay true, and fabrics will be softened.
For extra protection, I also turn clothes inside out and wash soft fabrics on the gentle cycle.
The scent of this Downy Fabric Conditioner is incredibly fresh (it’s even called April Fresh)! All day long I keep smelling fresh laundry and realize it’s just my clothes. It’s heavenly.
- Hang clothes prone to shrinking. Some of my clothing pieces fit me just right and putting them in the dryer will ruin their fit. I let these special ones air dry.
- Put the rest in the dryer and then hang up. I don’t need more time added to the laundry process battling wrinkles, so I hang up my clothes right after the’re done drying. After that, they’re ready to wear, looking pretty and new again!
Even though I put it off for as long as possible, my laundry routine isn’t soooo bad, especially with the help of Downy. Downy Fabric Conditioner is available at Walmart and Walmart.com for everyday low prices. Learn more and shop for it here.