Finding ways to organize and store beauty products can be quite a challenge. It’s so easy to let them pile up in the corner of the countertop or get thrown into a big drawer – been there, done that! I’ve discovered some great ways to neatly store, display, and organize my beauty collection over the years and I’m sharing them with you today! Here are 13 ways to store beauty products …. and tools too!
13 Ways to Store Beauty Products & Tools
Click here to subscribe to my YouTube channel for vlog, beauty videos, and more!
1. Use a cake stand to display your perfumes. This is a pretty way to show off your fragrances. Mine is from Home Goods (they seem to have the best selection). Look online if you don’t have a glorious store such as Home Goods near you.
2. Use acrylic organizers to separate makeup in drawers. This will keep things neat and easy to locate. You can find basic organizers a couple different places like Target and Bed Bath & Beyond. You can also find product specific organizers on Amazon (for lipsticks, eyeshadows, palettes, powders, and more).
3. Display your nail polish collection on your wall! Nail polish racks keep your polishes out of the way but in plain view so you can easily pick colors for your next mani/pedi! Warning: this also makes you want to buy ALL THE NAIL POLISHES to fill them up. A full polish rack looks better than an empty one, right?!
4. A letter holder can store eye palettes! The letter holder shown below is quite large and will hold a good handful of palettes. Smaller letter holders will hold a few at a time. If your eye palette collection is large, select a few palettes to keep in the letter holder and swap them out every once in awhile. This is a great way to use palettes you don’t reach for as often.
5. Store your perfume samples in a old candle jar or short glass vase. Put them on your bathroom counter for everyone to enjoy! When your guests come out smelling like the fragrance department of Macy’s, you’ll know why 😉
6. Use a vase for makeup brushes. You could really use a ton of different containers for storing makeup brushes. Almost any small container will do (mason jar, pencil cup, candle jar, coffee cup, etc.). I keep it simple. I use a short wide vase for face brushes and a tall narrow vase for eye brushes.
7. Put pencil-type products in a pencil cup. This works great for things like eyeliners, lip liners, brow pencils, lip glosses, and mascaras, especially if you’re not keeping them in a drawer. Suggestion: Get 2 pencil cups – one for eye products and one for lip products so that there’s no confusion. Eyeliner on your lips? No thanks!
Shop for it: Find the same one I’m using here. Otherwise, you can find pencil cups everywhere, especially office supply stores.
8. Gather hair tools in a basket. I do my hair at my vanity, not in the bathroom. With so many hot tools, I need something that will hold them all when not in use. Otherwise, they’ll pile up and tangle, which is just a freaking headache.
Shop for it: I found mine at Home Goods, but a basket like this one would work for holding your hair tools too. World Market also carries a selection of baskets as well.
9. Use a cart for extra, portable storage. Even with a vanity and plentiful drawer space, a cart like this one from IKEA can come in handy for storing products. It’s especially useful if you don’t have anywhere to keep your beauty stash to begin with! You can load it up and organize it with many of the things I’m mentioning in this post too!
Shop for it: This is where to find the cart I have. If you don’t want to go the IKEA route, I see similar types of carts at Home Goods all the time.
10. Bath bombs can be gathered in a wire basket. Know how much this wire basket was? Around $6! Let me tell you, it holds a lot! Initially, I wanted a pretty apothecary jar for this, but realized a basket was 100x more functional. I’m using this for bath bombs, melts, and bubble bars.
Shop for it: This was another Home Goods purchase (yes, I’ve realized that I shop there a lot!). Here’s a basket from Amazon that’s a similar size to mine and will hold plenty of bath goodies.
11. A magazine holder can hold hair products. I’ve got this pretty one holding my most-used hair products. I like it because the products stay hidden and tidy even though they always reside on the top of my vanity.
12. Place single shadows in a business card holder. Say what?! Yes, this is a business card holder from an office supply store and it’s holding my single shadows.
Shop for it: I got mine from Office Depot, but this is where you can find the same one.
13. A DIY vanity from IKEA. Ever since I put together a vanity from IKEA a couple years ago, I get tons on questions on it. This was the best purchase I’ve made – I love my vanity! Here’s what you need to know: it’s made of 2 Alex drawer units and a Linnmon table top. Simple as that! It houses my whole makeup collection, with room to spare (and that’s coming from a makeup-hoarding-beauty-blogger!).
Did you find some new ways to store your beauty collection? I certainly hope so! May your drawers, countertops, and vanities be forever organized from this day forward!
Discuss with me!
Which of these tips do you find helpful for organizing your beauty collection?
Comment below! Also tell me unique ways you store beauty products.