I recently signed up for a monthly craft box, called Whimseybox. The project for May was to make lip balm, which was exciting for me! The supplies were included in the box along with instructions on make the balm. It was pretty simple. Keep reading to learn more about it.
I usually don’t share crafty stuff on here; I have a second blog for that (find it here!). However, since the project was about making my own lip balm, why wouldn’t I share it here? Crafts + beauty = awesome!
I posted a short video on my YouTube channel showing the process of making the balm.
|Contents of my Whimseybox|
- Castor oil (3 tbsp)
- Beeswax (1 tbsp & 1 tsp)
- Peppermint essential oil
- A mixing tool (any sort of spoon or stick-like object)
- Glass bowl or cup
- Tins to put the balm in
- Mix the castor oil and beeswax together in your glass bowl or cup.
- Fill dropper with peppermint oil. Add 10 drops to mixture.
- Heat the mixture. The Whimseybox instructions said to heat the mixture over a bowl of hot water, which I showed in the video but it didn’t work for me. It said not to heat it directly for safety reasons. The wax wasn’t melting that way, so I sat it in the sun for a bit and it worked perfectly.
- Fill tins with the mixture and let it cool.
- Enjoy your lip balm!
|The end result!|
Want to try Whimseybox? It’s $15/month. Check it out here.
Latest posts by Ashley (see all)
- 6 Personal Care Items I Keep in My Bag to Survive a Winter Work Day - December 15, 2017
- DIY Lemon Raspberry Body Scrub - August 7, 2017
- Income Report: June 2017 + Tips on Monetizing - July 27, 2017